Atomic Tae Kwon Do / Maestri di Musica
Located in Huntington Village, NY, school offers exceptional Martial Arts instructions in Tae Kwon Do (WTF), Jiu-Jitsu and Arnis. Internationally recognized Martial Arts Program is extended with therapeutic exercises based on Occupational Therapy Frame of Reference & Sensory Motor approach to learning. Members benefit from a modern training facility, world class technical expertise, systematized progression, as well as fun and structured training sessions.
"It's a family oriented school. I've been impressed with the way they work with the kids, especially those with special needs and the values they instill in the children. It's not all about training, they teach the kids respect, discipline and how important it is to work together to reach a goal."
by Trish Barry, Parent and Atomic TKD Student
"Atomic TKD has become an integral part of my family life. They offer splendid TKD instruction, great atmosphere for kids and adults and they are a community nexus for children's activities, music, athletics, social development and an overall feeling of fun and connection. The instructors are like family, we advise each other on progress, we celebrate achievements and help guide st growth. I could not say enough good things about them."
by David W, Parent
Regardless of your goals: whether it's to Get in Shape, Learn to Protect Yourself or Provide Sense of Confidence to your Family, Martial Arts training offers great benefit you on both metal and physical levels.
PHYSICAL: Martial Arts Stripe / Belt System
- Self Defense: Real and effective skills based on arts of Tae Kwon Do and Jiu-Jitsu
- Therapeutic Exercises: based on Occupational Therapy Frame of Reference and Sensory motor approach to learning.
- Stretching to improve Flexibility and Proper Stances to build Balance
- Kicking and Punching Techniques to Improve Coordination and Strength
- Arnis Short Sticks for Core Strengthening and Coordination
- Get in shape, lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle
MENTAL: Behavior Stripe System for children
- Relieve stress and forget your hard day at work
- Better Listening, Following Directions, Focus on the mat, at home and at school
- Respect to Instructors, Parents, Teachers, Friends
- Life Skills: Personal Responsibility and Discipline
- Developing Leadership Skills by showing and leading others with good example
- Build "I Can Do it!" Attitude and Perseverance while facing challenge.
- Goal Setting / Making Right Choices: setting up goal & practice makes a Master
- Make friends and be part of a family!
Over the years school received many prestigious recognitions:
- International "Hall of Fame" Award for integrating Occupational Therapy into Martial Arts training. The Master of School is a licensed OT thus program serves regular, special needs and autistic children.
- 2012 Best School Award at Governor's Cup Tournament
- 2013 Best School Award at NY State Tae Kwon Do Championship
- Nomination for "Best of Long Island, 2014" in Martial Arts